THE LACNETS PODCAST
Episode 1: Nutrition for NETs
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
For our very first episode, we welcome NET Dietician Meghan Laszlo, MS, RD, CSO of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Meghan answers the top 10 NET nutrition questions, covering topics including carcinoid syndrome, prescription enzymes, diarrhea, recommended diet for NET patients, and much more!
MEET MEGAN LASZLO
Meghan Laszlo is a Registered Dietitian (R.D.) and a Board-Certified Specialist in Oncology Nutrition (C.S.O.) at Cedars Sinai’s Samuel Oschin Cancer Center. As an outpatient dietitian, she provides medical nutrition therapy to patients through nutrition counseling, education, and coordination of care. Meghan is fascinated by the nutritional aspects of gastrointestinal, neuroendocrine, and head and neck cancers and is dedicated to helping patients meet their individualized goals. In October 2019, Meghan gave a presentation for LACNETS titled "Nutrition for NETs."
TOP 10 NET NUTRITION QUESTIONS
1. What kind of diet benefits NET patients?
2. Which foods cause carcinoid syndrome symptoms?
3. Which foods make diarrhea better and worse?
4. What kinds of fluids and how much are needed with diarrhea?
5. Which dietary supplements are beneficial for NET patients?
6. What is niacin and why is it important for individuals with carcinoid syndrome?
7. How does fat malabsorption effect digestion?
8. How do I know if the prescription enzymes are working?
9. What is small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)?